Wednesday November 29, 2017
As we age, all of us desire healthy youthful skin. Many skin care products claim to be top of the line when it comes to fine lines and wrinkles. However, many of these “miracle” products contain harmful cancer causing chemicals and fillers that only make your skin look youthful.
To combat false claims and care for your skin to the fullest degree, it’s important to know what you are feeding your skin. That’s right, your body absorbs what you put on your skin. The chemicals (good and bad) then enter the bloodstream dispersing themselves throughout your body just as if you were eating real food. We at Hawaiian Organic Noni feel it’s our moral obligation to educate the public on some of the most harmful chemicals known to the skin care market.
Here are 6 skin care chemicals to watch out for:
- Ethanoalamines (TEA, DEA, MEA): Used as a foaming agent which is readily absorbed into the skin. Ethanoalamines may disrupt hormones, and can form cancer-causing nitrates and nitrosamines.
- Diazolidinyl urea, imidazolidinyl urea, and methenamine: These nasty little guys release small amounts of formaldehyde onto your skin and ultimately into your bloodstream which spells that’s right! C-A-N-C-E-R
- Sodium Lauryl: This is another foaming agent. Sodium lauryl irritates the skin, is toxic to your organs, and linked to cell mutation (aka cancer). Other ingredients with the letters “eth” like sodium laureth are also on the natural skin care no no list.
- Butylated Hydroxytoluene (BHT): This chemical is rated the 37th most toxic chemical by the Federal Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry in 1992. BTH can cause skin and hormone problems, and is potentially carcinogenic.
- Triclosan: This antimicrobial chemical may disrupt thyroid function, and is a skin irritant. Triclosan is also suspected to be an endocrine disruptor (causing irregular hormone levels wiithin the body). Pretty nasty stuff! The American Medical Association advises that triclosan products not be used in the home, yet triclosan is still used in many cosmetics.
- Siloxanes: Used in cosmetics to soften, and smooth fine lines (I knew my anti wrinkle cream was to good to be true!). Siloxanes are suspected to be an endocrine disrupter. To avoid these fraudulent wrinkle reducers, look for ingredients ending in "-siloxane" or "-methicone."
Despite negative news regarding harmful chemicals in skin care, there is an organic solution to maintain your youthful glow. It’s called noni fruit.
What does organic noni fruit have to offer?
- Noni is a source of MSM (methylsulfonylmethane). MSM provides the body with sulfur needed to produce collagen and keratin for your skin.
- Noni is also high in selenium. The National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements indicates that selenium may help prevent free radical damage to your skin cells.
- Noni contains natural antioxidants such as anthraquinones which help the body with type 1 collagen synthesis. We all know what antioxidants and collagen do: Wrinkle prevention!
- Noni is a powerful anti-inflammatory fruit. Anti-inflammatories can be used to help soothe and calm irritated skin.
My Skin Looks 20 Years Younger!
Hi, I live in Hawaii and I first found out about your noni lavender lotion at that Made in Hawaii festival in Honolulu. I've been using it for about, oh, maybe 8 years now, and I'm 78, and my skin looks like I'm about 58. It's smooth and clear, and all those liver and age spots are all gone. My skin use to bruise easily, but now it's real soft and pliable, I really like it. And using that fruit leather and that Icyheat lotion. The lotion helped get rid of my arthritic pain in my elbow. So, I'm really grateful for your products. Thanks a lot and mahalo. I'm Lopaka Goodlow from Honolulu.
Noni Bandage was Perfect
Hi I would like to leave a testimonial for Noni Bandage. My name is Thea, I live on Oahu, in Honolulu. I found that Noni Bandage was fabulous, because I am allergic to latex. The Bandages were always slipping off and I am always getting a nick, or a cut, or something going on and so the Noni Bandage was perfect. And I was getting not only protection but also the benefits of the Noni. So I think Noni Bandage is the bomb. It is the best, thanks.
Using organic noni products is one of the best things you can use for your skin. Remember, your skin renews itself from the inside out. Your skin may breakout after the initial use of noni products. This is your body ridding itself of the toxins from your previous skin care regimen. Be patient! Great skin is on it’s way!
Our goal behind harnessing noni’s amazing qualities was to produce products that maintain the beneficial enzymes and compounds found in the raw non-fermented pulp of noni and that stayed clear of additives, preservatives and chemical toxins.
Hawaiian Organic Noni products are vegan, certified organic and free from all harmful chemical and substances that can adversely affect your health. Being that we are a certified organic noni farm, you can rest assured all of our noni products contain the full potency from the raw pulp of noni. The Noni Fruit Leather (for internal skin benefits) and the Noni Lavender Lotion (for the topical benefits) are gmo and carcinogen free!