Wednesday March 25, 2020
Our Response to COVID-19
What we are doing at Hawaiian Organic Noni to ensure your safety during the COVID-19 crisis
Your health/safety and the health/safety of our staff is our top priority!
In order to accomplish this we have the following safety measures in place:
- Farmer's markets on Kauai have been cancelled
- Farm tours of the noni farm have been cancelled
- We are supplementing our employees who work the farmer’s markets income to ensure they can feed their families
- Since our product is considered a raw food, we’ve taken the extra precaution of only 2 people handling the product when processing
- In addition to hand washing and wearing gloves, we are also wearing face masks during processing
To ease your concerns, we also have the following information to share:
- No one on the farm has contracted the virus
- Our 70 acre family farm is isolated along the coastline. We are miles from the nearest town and acres from the closest neighbor
- On the farm we have implemented extra precautionary measures e.g. “social/physical distancing”, washing hands with soap for a minimum of 20 seconds and not coming to work if you feel unwell
- The processing facility has always had a very strict cleaning plan implemented. As added precautions, we now clean all door knobs, light switches, counter/table tops and mop the floor areas with disinfectant every 4 hours
- We will continue to run at peak production to ensure your needs are met
- We are annually inspected by the USDA and the State of Hawaii Health Department. We have never received any violation notice after any inspection for the past 25 years. Cleanliness is the guardian rule in our processing facility
In closing, in this time of possible extreme stress and confusion, it is always good to remember you are what you eat but you are also what you think. Thoughts are very potent to our health and well being. Remember to be positive and help your neighbor. There is a very old Sufi mystic saying: “With kind words and a sweet tongue, you can lead an elephant by a hair”. That is the importance of our thoughts, words and actions.
From all of us at Hawaiian Organic Noni
Howling wind, torrential rain, and monstrous surf… crashing into the cliff side home of our Laysan albatross. Although albatross choose Hawaii to escape the North Pacific’s extreme winter, this paradise has challenges of its own. Kauai, being one of the wettest spots in the world, is a tough environment for these dedicated parents to raise their young.
Mom and Dad must endure blustering winter storms for their exhausting 60 day incubation. Both share the responsibility of keeping the egg warm, their tummies full and a watchful eye for predators. We are very egg-cited for this unique eggs-perience of observing these egg-cellent parents!!!
For 13 years, I have had the pleasure of being interviewed about Noni on the DOCTOR HEALTH RADIO SHOW. Host David Snow, produces a very valuable and knowledgeable Talk Radio show for the listeners in Hawaii every Saturday morning for 2 hours on 690 AM. His show is re-broadcast at 9 PM on Saturday night on doctorhealthradio.com – good listening.
I fly to Honolulu to do the shows live in studio and it is a lot of fun.
The most recent Radio Show was a very comprehensive discussion on Noni and how it might help you with specific health conditions and improve your general over all well being using our organic Noni products.