Wednesday February 15, 2017
What is carpal tunnel?
Carpal tunnel is pressure on the median nerve.
What is the median nerve?
The median nerve runs from your forearm to your hand through a small space in your wrist called the carpal tunnel.
What are the symptoms?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is tingling, swelling, numbness, and weakness in your hand or fingers. Some people have a hard time determining between hot and cold temperatures while others lose strength in their hand. Symptoms often occur in the thumb, index finger, middle finger, and ring finger.
What are the some contributing factors of carpal tunnel syndrome?
- Trauma or injury to the wrist such as a sprain, fracture, or muscle tear.
- Sleeping with flexed wrists.
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis or aggravating an injury.
- Fluid retention during pregnancy or menopause.
- Prolonged or repetitive flexing of the wrist at home and the workplace.
What you can do at home?
- Wear a wrist splint at home or the workplace when doing repetitive tasks.
- Rest your wrist between activities such as typing or playing a sport.
- Ice your wrist for 10 to 15 minutes if needed.
- Try to keep your wrist in a neutral position such as using an aerodynamic keyboard and mouse. Sleeping in a wrist splint can help as well.
- Switch hands often when performing repeated movements (Ex whisking or using a hammer).
- Do quick wrist exercises and stretches such as squeezing a stress ball or pulling your fingers back with your other hand giving your wrist a good stretch.
- Liberally apply IcyHeat Noni Lotion to the affected area.
Unlike most lotions that contain chemicals and fillers, IcyHeat Noni Lotion contains the opposite: raw whole noni fruit as the main ingredient. You eat Noni Fruit Leather for internal health don't you? Use IcyHeat Noni Lotion for external health as well. Noni fruit contains high levels of scopoletin, a chemical known as an anti-inflammatory. The menthol camphor in the IcyHeat Noni Lotion is fast acting, opens the pores and allows the noni to absorb in much faster to sooth pain and inflammation in a variety of circumstances including carpal tunnel sufferers. Looking for a natural whole food alternative to pain relief for carpal tunnel? Look no further! Hawaiian Organic Noni has you covered.